I'm pretty sure we skipped February. Oh, and March. And jumped over April. It's Easter today!!! The last I wrote was February 4th. It's a good thing I've got my brain called my calendar. :) Hopefully, what I write will make sense since it all seems like a blur. . . . (Turning pages in my calendar now.)
The end of my last post summarized most of my last three months. Cali had leadership for marching band with dance on its heels on Monday. Jarom had drumline on Tuesday and Thursday. Mckenzie had activity days on every other Tuesday, and tumbling on Thursday. YM/YW's happened mostly on Tuesday nights. James worked on his math homework at Gage Bentley's house on Monday and Wednesday after school until 5 (usually). James had 11 year old scouts on Tuesdays, but eventually it was switched to Wednesdays when Ladd was called as the 11 year old scout leader. Ruby had dance on Wednesday. Cecilia had winterguard on Thursday nights and Saturdays. Some practices on Saturday went only for the morning starting sometimes at 6 a.m., and other times, she had competitions that went all day long -- usually until 10:30 p.m. Garrett started adding in "Army of Helaman" meetings every now and again on Thursday evenings. Mckenzie had play practices on Mondays and Fridays after school. Near the middle of March, James joined her to work on the tech crew. They entrusted him with all of the mikes. In his own words, "It's all on my shoulders!" Cali usually had a wind symphony clarinet sectional sometime during the week -- often on Friday mornings at 6:45 a.m. Garrett and Cali had Deer Valley almost every Saturday. In February and some of March, Garrett had an ACT prep class on Tuesday and Thursday after school. Garrett and Cali also added playing on a cousin's basketball junior jazz basketball game that their Uncle Jamie coached. Their games were most Fridays through February and March. Some Tuesday nights, Ladd would play basketball with some ward members at 9 p.m. Garrett, Cali, and Jarom started adding in things like: band festivals (choir festivals for Jarom as extra), solo and ensemble, band competitions, and band practices for all of those plus the concerts themselves. We registered Cali, then James, and finally Cecilia for their year next year. In February, Ruby had her doughnut date. And, Garrett, Cali, Cecilia, and Jarom had Youth Conference to finish off the month. In March, it seemed we went through a couple of weeks where everything seemed to be broken. I'm not quite sure of the list now, but I do know our dryer gave us a run for our money. It seemed the dryer-fixer-person came several times before we finally solved all of its problems. Ladd and I went to a recognition dinner for his work. I had a Stake Relief Society dinner I went to one Thursday evening. Garrett had appointments with the orthodontics and the urologist. I had an appointment with my foot doctor. Shalyn had her one year old birthday! We had Stake Conference as well as the first general women's meeting where Mckenzie went with me along with the older girls! I also started helping out at James and Mckenzie's play practices. I must say, James was entrusted with the job of taking care of the mikes. He was one of two people they let do that particular job, and James did a fantastic job! In April, we fit in Mckenzie and James' play performances before we slipped off at 9 at night to start our Spring Break vacation! Our nephew and some friends stayed at our house while we were gone. We stopped off at St. George for a couple of hours of sleep at my parent's house, then listened to General Conference on the trip down to California, and then once we got to our hotel as well. The rest of the week was spent going to Disneyland, California Adventureland, Sea World, Universal Studios, and the Beach. We stopped off in St. George briefly on our way back, and made it back in time for classes and work and such. On the 18th, we had a birthday party for a cousin at a park with some of my siblings. The 19th of April was full of helping with fundraisers for marching band, Cecilia trying out for color guard, Easter Egg hunts, playing at Mapleton with family, and a date that Garrett and his cousin doubled on. And, that brings us to Easter!!! One of the kids was sick, so I stayed home from church. The choir sang in my absence. And that is that! Whew!
No comments:
Post a Comment