Wednesday, January 9, 2013

James is a sweet heart!

I forgot to mention one of the gifts I got for Christmas.  James had gotten me something and wrapped it up.  It was a tiny package, and we almost lost it a couple of times.  When I unwrapped it on Christmas day, I found a silver ring band inside.  It's not one that bends to fit various sizes, and it's big enough for several of my larger fingers.  I asked him where he got it and he said he'd "bought" it at school.  His teacher has a system of marbles that they earn if they are being "good."  James saved up his marbles, and instead of getting something for himself, he bought the ring for me.  His sacrifice means more to me than the ring itself or any other gift he could have given me.

Lena's birthday falls on January 5th -- shortly after the Christmas holidays are officially over.  Once again, James had a "gift" for Lena.  When she unwrapped it, she found it was a car -- a yellow taxi.  Most girls would've frowned at such a gift, but Lena got really excited.  "A CAR!!!"  "Tank you, James!"  Once again, James used his precious marbles to get her this gift.  I have no idea why he decided she would want a car, but she did!

What a sweet heart, James!

No comments:

Post a Comment