We were just watching Peppa Pig. In the show, Daddy Pig runs into a tree because of fog. He says, "Who put that tree there?!" Lena yelled out, "Jesus did!"
Yesterday, Lena took her arm out of her sleeve so that her shirt ran through her arm pit. I saw her and reminded her that she needed to be modest. She said, "But I'm ________." I couldn't tell who she said, so we repeated this same conversation for awhile. Finally I understood her. "Oh. Laman. You're being Laman!" "Yeah, we still have to be modest even if we're being Laman."
Lena must've been bored yesterday because she ran up to me and yelled, "I've made some muddy puddles!" (If you've watched Peppa Pig, you'd understand). Sure enough, she'd dumped water out on the carpet in several places. Not my favorite thing she's come up with!!!
A couple of weeks ago, I noticed Lena was dancing her potty dance. I told her she needed to go to the bathroom. She yelled, "No. No, mommy! My potty is so far away!"
Alyssa has consistently come up with advanced vocabulary when she says something. For example, she constantly says, "Mom, I'm STARVING!" I would've thought the word "hungry" would be an easier and more often heard word. Last week, I saw her struggling with something in the living room. She got frustrated and said, "This is soooo difficult!" I wish I could remember till my dying day hearing her small voice pronouncing so clearly these particular words!!!
I guess it shouldn't be so surprising, then, that she is so advanced in her thought processes. Last night, I went to get a piece of Jarom's leftover birthday cake. Alyssa said, "Mommy, you don't need any cake because your tummy is already so big." WOW! That was harsh. Blatant honesty coming from my little toddler!!! How did she make that connection at her age?!!!
Out of the mouths of babes!!
No comments:
Post a Comment