The week of June 24th thru the 28th
was filled with dentist visits. Lena was
the only truly excited one about it. She
was overly so and loudly proclaimed her enthusiasm to any who would listen to
her. Alyssa actually let the dentist
look at her teeth this time, although they had her share the chair with
Ruby. That worked well since Ruby wasn’t
afraid to open Alyssa’s mouth manually!
Garrett had one cavity; Cali had five.
Jarom had six cavities and three teeth that needed to be extracted. James had one filling that needed to be fixed
and three teeth that were pulled out as well.
Ruby has one cavity they are going to “watch.” And, Mckenzie’s supposed to have pulled out
one of her teeth already. Oh, and James
threw up all over the chair, the floor, and the back of his shirt just in the
process of trying to get his x-rays. . . .
On June 26th, we spent an hour and a half in the
Haerring’s pool in the evening after Ladd got home from work. It was a fun break from the normal stuff we
are currently filling our life with.
Even Alyssa enjoyed the water. In
the past, she’s been afraid to be in the water – even with a life jacket
on. But, she seemed to be over most of
her fears, thank goodness. She even went
off the diving board and the (very tall) slide.
I mentioned to Ladd that Alyssa was going to go down the slide again,
and he said, “Oh, but don’t let her climb the stairs by herself!” We turned to look and she was already sliding
down the slide. J
I went to the library to find a book for Garrett and came
back with one too many books for me to read.
They were all very interesting and time consuming. Not the best time for reading with our trip
to Oregon and Washington on the horizon!
Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia all had the Lehi round-up parade
on June 29th. They had the
BBQ afterwards and I took them to Arctic Circle afterwards when I picked them
up. The rest of the day was spent doing
normal things for a Saturday. Ladd went
over to play games at Chad’s that night.
On Sunday, the choir performed and did a great job with the “Our Flag”
and “God of our Fathers”. I’m glad it’s
over.
July 1st was Alyssa’s birthday. When I’d asked her what presents she wanted,
she said, “I want a pink one and a blue one and a purple one.” She had skipped Sunday dinner since she was
sleeping, and so, when we went to have the doughnuts and yougart, she threw up
all over the table, chair, floor, sink, and herself. So, for her birthday breakfast, she had
saltine crackers! She seemed to like her
presents and her princess cupcakes (the frosting, at least).
July 2nd, James went to his 11 year old scout
camp overnighter at 6 a.m. Jarom had a
hike with his trek family at 6 a.m., too.
Alyssa had her well check visit
for three years old (I can’t believe she’s three!!!). She did fine and I had fun spending some time
with her. She’s currently deathly afraid
of ants and the sprinklers. J I did lots of baking and laundry and cleaning
and packing!
Today, we did lots of cooking and packing and cleaning! James came back early from his camp, and so
we tried to get out the door tonight instead of tomorrow morning. We finally got on the road around 8 p.m. Here we come Oregon!!! I guess the plan is for us to stop somewhere
along the way to sleep at a rest stop.
Alyssa’s already done an hour and a half into the trip – she’s been
trying to take her arms out of her car seat -- and Shalyn’s not very
satisfied. Shalyn had a blow out just
before we were going to go and so she didn’t eat completely before we
left. Ooops!
No comments:
Post a Comment