Wow! The last mention of our calendar was September 1st, 2013. It's now November 9th! Miles of moments have gone by in that amount of time! I hope I can even remember all of it. Here it goes!
September 1st was Labor Day, and once again, Alyssa and Shalyn stayed at home with me. I felt completely worn out by the end of the day when I finally had helpers once again. That week, Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia had some form of marching band every day that week including another football game. Young Men's and Young Women's on Tuesday night along with James' 11 year old scouts. On Wednesday, I had preschool at my house. A bit of a challenge to get my house clean enough for visitors, and then, only one other boy came. One mother dropped out completely, and the other couldn't even get her daughter to stay. Mckenzie had tumbling on Thursday for the first time. Evidently, she did a front flip on the first day of Tumbling!! She was supposed to do a forward somersault at a run. Instead, she did a front flip! Go Mckenzie!!! By this time, the ward finally figured out that I'd had surgery, and so they started sending in the calvary to help, thankfully! Jenna DeYoung took Lena and Alyssa on Friday morning for a playdate. It was a much needed break for me! I was able to go to the bathroom and take a bath! Wahoo! What freedom! In the evening, we took Jarom on down to Adam and Kelsy's house to listen to Kelsy's brother sing for us. It rained a little bit while we were there. I worried about getting my cast all wet, but it turned out just fine. On Saturday, there was a football game and Ladd took some of the kids to help do service up at the church. I think I did the shopping by myself, but I used the handicapped motorized carts as much as I could. Those machines are fun to ride!!!
September 9th, Nichole Parker was supposed to watch Lena and Alyssa, but she didn't remember. So, we hunkered down for a long day, once again. Marching band sectionals for Garrett and Cali were after school and Cali had to attend "Thor's Council" as the marching band representative. I can't remember what we did for FHE, but we had it. Tuesday was a busy day!!! Nicole watched Lena and Alyssa in the morning for me which allowed me once again to have a much needed bath!! We had marching band practice for Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia, a birthday party at Discovery Park in Pleasant Grove for Damon. I took James, Mckenzie, and Ruby to that party, and ran to Target to do some shopping during the party. Mckenzie missed activity days as a result. James had scouts, and the oldest four had YM/YW activities. After we got dinner and everyone else off to what they needed to go to, I went to Walmart to buy me some much needed clothes! On Wednesday, we had preschool at Sharee's house. That was challenging trying to get the girls all loaded into their proper car seat enough to go and come back!! Much less to maneuver the steep stairs! Cecilia had school pictures. There was marching band, of course. That night, I had a Deliberate Motherhood retreat. Many of the main authors were there, and each of them re-capped what they'd written about. When it was Saren's turn to talk about organization, she asked why we would need to be organized. I raised my hand and said so we could find things. There were some chuckles over that. Then Saren went on to have me stand up and be introduced as the mom who had 10 children and also talked about how most of her material on organization had come from me. Then as she went on, she kept saying, "Well, Sharla Olsen said _____." She referenced me numerous times during her presentation. Enough, that I was worried the moms there would ask to drop by my house to see how to keep things organized! Somehow, I feel like I've been put up on a pedestal, and I'll fall off soon! On Thursday, Jarom had his pictures taken. Marching band and tumbling both happened. I think this was the day that when I tried to go pick up Mckenzie, I drove over a pile of HUGE rocks that had been piled up on the road by some silly person. Mckenzie helped my clear the road a bit. It wasn't convenient with my cast on at all! And, I think I damaged the underside of the car in the process. UGH!! Friday was another football game for the oldest three. And, Ladd and I went out for a date. Saturday was a busy day! I did the shopping again. Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia had a day long practice for marching band -- a drill camp. Ladd took Jarom, James, and Mckenzie to Miller's Sports park with some tickets he had won in a raffle at work. Garrett went on a date with Courtney Fowler and doubled with Kaleb and Kaleb's other cousin on his side, Kali. It seems like they didn't do anything they'd planned on doing because of rain, and they drove around for awhile. For Ladd and I, it was the Stake Conference night session. Sunday was Stake Conference. We celebrated Garrett's 17th birthday that night. On Monday, Garrett and Cali both had sectionals for marching band. Garrett had a trash can practice after that, and then the Family Night marching band show concert was upon us. We all went. Their show is awesome! It's really fun to see Cali do her dancing solo in the middle of it, and see Garrett's fancy footwork as he maneuvers his big base drum around the field, and the naturally beautiful grace Cecilia has as she twirls her flags around the field! September 17th (Tuesday) was Garrett's official birthday. He went into his first period class to find his desk all decorated with Happy Birthday signs and balloons. He had tried to ask several girls to the homecoming dance, and finally, the third girl answered him that morning with a Styrofoam ball stuck with lots of dum, dum suckers saying, "I'd be a dum, dum if I didn't go to homecoming with you." That was sitting on his desk as well. Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia had their first marching band competition that night, so they all got back late. Jarom and James had scouts. The next day, Lena and Alyssa had preschool at Rachel Seguin's house. After school, Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia had marching band practice and I had Garrett and Cali's parent teacher conferences without them. After marching band practice, it was the Homecoming parade for Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia. The kids and I watched the parade. On Thursday, Mckenzie had Tumbling. Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia all had marching band practice again. I went to Jarom and Cecilia's parent teacher conferences without them. On Friday, Lena and Alyssa were going to Michelle Davis' house to give me a break, but they were both sick, so I cancelled with her as well as the doctor's visits for Shalyn and Jarom. Garrett had to play in the Homecoming Jazz Festival, and then it was the Homecoming Football game for Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia. I'm assuming Ladd and I went out to eat and we also picked up Garrett's corsage from Deanna Weirholt. Saturday, Ladd took Garrett to his flight simulation that Ladd had given to him as part of Garrett's birthday gifts. Garrett had Homecoming Activities for the rest of the night. Ladd went to the BYU game. I did shopping and baths, etc. On Monday, the 21st, I too Alyssa and Shalyn in to see Dr. Foster. James stayed after school at Gage Bentley's house so they could work on homework together and play afterwards. He started doing that most every Monday and Wednesday. That has really taken some pressure off of me, and helped James get his homework done as well. Yeah! Ladd took me to Dr. Roger's to get my cast off. My leg hair was surprisingly long and dark. It looked ugly to me. Yuck! And, I had to get stitches out. I think I went into shock. It wasn't fun. And, Dr. Rogers couldn't get my tennis shoes over my foot, so he put a doctor's "shoe" over my foot. Then, he said I could walk on it. I must admit, I put lots of pressure on the front part of my foot instead of my heel. :) Standing there, waiting to set up a few appointments and set up the date of my other surgery, I found my right foot was hurting beyond what I could stand! I'd been wearing a flip flop on that foot to go along with my cast on my left foot. It was a bit of a shock to suddenly be wearing my tennis shoe with the insert on my right foot once again. Garrett and Cali had marching band sectionals as usual. Michelle Brydson brought a meal in for us that night. On Tuesday morning, I took Shalyn in to see the doctor. It turns out she was dealing with croup. He gave her a shot to help her heal better. The after school activities were all the same for a Tuesday -- activity days for Mckenzie, marching band for Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia, YM/YW for the oldest four and scouts for James. On Wednesday, I went in to talk to one of the counselors with Garrett to get him moved out of jazz band. Evidently, he was asked to be in there so he could play the cow bell and other easy percussion instruments. He didn't even have music for him to play. We figured it was a waste of his time, so we pulled him out after the term changed. We also talked to her about him getting moved out of his math class. His teacher really didn't teach very well, and Garrett was having a hard time understanding all the math concepts as a result. That morning, Lena and Alyssa went to preschool at Rachel's house again. Sharee Thompson picked them up to take them to preschool for me. James stayed after school at Gage Bentley's house again to get his math done, and the oldest three had marching band practice as usual. Thursday, the 26th, I had an IEP for James. It turns out they felt like he didn't need to be in remedial reading, etc. anymore. I was confused, and quizzed them about everything, but in the end, I agreed and said he could be pulled from it. After school, I took Garrett to his well-check visit. He needed to see a urologist, the eye doctor, and get tested for high cholesterol. Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia all had marching band practice that night. Mckenzie had tumbling. I went to a Relief Society activity and dinner at the Mcleary's house that night. It was hard to maneuver up and down the stairs balancing my meal all the while trying to be so careful walking and babying my foot. On Friday, the 27th, we all drove down to the lake to have James' long overdue Arrow of Light ceremony. As part of the ceremony, they shot a flaming arrow into the lake. It was cool. It was also quite awkward for me to walk on the dirt and rocks still healing as I still was. Ladd watched the BYU football game afterwards. On Saturday, Cali and Cecilia (?) went to the temple at 4:30 in the morning to do baptisms for the dead. Later on, Garrett, Cali, and Cecilia all went to their marching band completion -- the Nebo one. They swept and even beat Timpview!!!! They did so awesome!!! Ladd and some of the kids went to collect some sod from the Stake Center while I did some shopping. Then, I went to the General R.S. broadcast in the evening. September 29th was fast Sunday because of general conference coming up. Garrett had been set apart as the Secretary in the Priest's quorum, and had a presidency meeting before church. And, Cali had her birthday interview with the bishop before church as well. Monday, we celebrated Cali's birthday after she and Garrett got back from sectionals. That turned out to be our FHE for the night.
No comments:
Post a Comment