It's amazing how much we cram into two weeks worth of living! So, here's what has kept us busy:
November 17th, Cali and I sang "Be Still My Soul" with other women in the ward in Sacrament Meeting. On November 18th, I told Kelsy not to come as she had planned to come and help me. It seemed that some of the girls were sick, and I didn't want to pass what we had along to their family. But, an hour and a half later, Kelsy stepped through my door without her children. She pitched in and pulled our kitchen out of the depths of despair (and me as well!). I certainly couldn't have done what she did for me that day. Ruby had lunch with Dr. T that day. On Tuesday, Cali had a drum major clinic that she helped teach, and Mckenzie had Activity Days. James had Scouts and the oldest four had YM/YW's. My mom and dad drove all the way up the state just to come help me and my family for a couple of days. We sure loved having them here! On Wednesday, dad drove me to my appointment with Cecilia's counselor for her CCR's while mom watched the girls and worked on dinner. Cali had drum major auditions. I went to parent teacher conferences with my scooter, and managed to get through a bunch of Cali and Garrett's teachers before Ladd came and we were able to split forces and finish quicker. That night, after dinner, Garrett, Cali, Jarom, Mckenzie, and Ruby all had song practices for the ward Christmas party. On Thursday, Ladd had his doctor's appointment in the morning. Dad took me to pick Garrett up for his orthodontist appointment. They left soon after the appointment was over. They did so much for us while they were here! I'm so grateful they came! Mckenzie had tumbling, and Ladd took Cecilia to the Winter Guard parent meeting. Friday, Garrett and Cali went up to Deer Valley for job interviews, and I helped get Jarom ready for his campout. In the evening, Ladd, and I and Cecilia met Garrett and Cali at the high school for their marching band banquet. On Saturday, Cecilia had a winter guard clinic all day long. Ladd had a meeting up at Deer Valley. Cali helped me take both Lena and Mckenzie in to the doctor. Both of them had an ear infection. Garrett and Cecilia helped me do the shopping at Costco, and Ladd helped me do the shopping at Walmart.
Sunday, the 24th, we got a new bishopbric at church! Bishop Burdette, Brother Johnston, and Brother Whitaker are our new bishopbric! The ward is in good hands! I'm grateful for Bishop Wendell, Brother Lees, and Brother Sampson who served so faithfully. The choir performed "O Render Thanks" at the end of the meeting. Mckenzie just didn't feel very well, so Cali took her home so she could rest. I was able to play the piano in Relief Society! It's been so long since I've played the piano for a church meeting. Someone watched Shalyn for me, and I managed to play the pedal with my left foot, and not mess up the songs too badly! We had choir, and had our Home Teachers come to visit us. Ruby was at a practice for the ward Christmas program while they were here. The rest of the evening just seemed so relaxed. It was a nice evening. We found out during calendar that Cali made drum major for next year! She will be the "saint" in their show for next year, and be a drum major for parades and pre-game shows. Congratulations, Cali!
On Monday, I sent Lena and Alyssa over to the Bennion's so I could go do some of my visiting teaching. I was grateful to be able to go! My visiting teaching companion even came to pick me up so it could happen! I did the lesson for FHE on spiritual strength and enduring to the end. We found out that Garrett and Cali both got the job up at Deer Valley as ski instructor assistants! I don't know how we're going to fit that into our schedule!!! On Tuesday morning, my visiting teachers came. YEAH! The house wasn't perfect, but it was better than it could've been. Ladd came home for lunch! That was fun to talk to him for a bit during the day! After school, Garrett went with the same group that he'd gone with for Sadies so they could watch "Thor 2"all the way through. During Sadies, the movie theater had to evacuate everyone half way through their movies. What are the odds of that happening?! Cali stayed after school and was finally able to find a ride home around 4:30 p.m. Cali went to a tree decorating party one of her friends was hosting for a few minutes. Garrett, Cali, Jarom, Mckenzie, and Ruby all went to a practice for the ward Christmas program after that. Wednesday was a homework, cleaning, and cooking day. We watched lots of TV. Garrett and Cali went during the day for a marching band thing -- one of the news channels was filming them.
Thursday, we made it to the church up in Riverton for Thanksgiving dinner with Ladd's family. I was able to spend some time with Ladd's grandmother who is 100 years old this year. She seemed extra spry to me, and fun. For our program, she did a reading she had done in the 6th grade! I'm not sure I can remember things like that even now!!! Ladd and I helped clean up the church before everyone left, and we had Nate and Sherilyn over for dinner and some games afterwards. During scripture study, one of the children slammed the laptop shut and cracked the screen. I'm still wondering how to pull the Christmas letter off of it that I'd already written. Ladd jimmy rigged it to another screen. At least is still sort of works!!
Friday, Ladd worked for the morning. I made the kids deep clean the house. We almost got it to where I wanted it! Then, we went to Mapleton. I ended up playing a few games with my sisters-in-law. Saturday, Ladd, Cali, and Jarom went to play basketball with the uncles and some cousins. They played for four hours!!! Garrett started their own Disney marathon. I had Garrett take me to Costco and then to Walmart to do the shopping. We did laundry all day long! Ladd put up the Christmas lights outside. He painted Cali's filing cabinet that she got when she turned 15 (over a year ago). He started working on our Christmas stocking holder for our mantle. We went to Chili's for our date. It was a very enjoyable evening. The kids made sure everyone had baths and showers and fed everyone dinner. I love that they are so capable!
Today is December 1st! This year has flown by! Mckenzie threw up during the night twice. Lena also had a nightmare. Ladd was up a lot during the night. We left Mckenzie here during Sacrament Meeting, and I came home to be here with her and brought Shalyn with me. They are both sleeping right now. We found out this week that Ladd has high cholesterol. So, he's been trying to go running more often. He doesn't go very far, but at least he goes! Ladd's back has been hurting him (mine as well). We switched our mattress around. I'm not sure it will help much, but seeing as a new mattress isn't in our future, it's at least something!!
The Christmas season is upon us! I'm worried about how we'll get everything done with our busy schedules and my foot getting in the way. I told Ladd I wanted to re-evaluate our family traditions, and make the ones we do count. This Christmas season has the potential for being very different than past years. I'm curious as to how it will all turn out!!
And, that's us!
No comments:
Post a Comment