Thursday, December 6, 2012

Adding a few. . . .

This Christmas season has been marvelous seeing it through my three and two year old's eyes.  The other day, us three were in the car.  It was in the middle of the day, and we were travelling by two huge fields of dirt.  Suddenly, Alyssa says, "I see Christmas!"  Lena echoes quickly, "I see Christmas, too!"  I checked my surroundings and couldn't see any sign of Christmas.  I asked, "Where's Christmas?"  They both answered at almost the same time, "In the clouds."  I'm not sure what it was they saw.  Guess I'll never know!

Everytime someone mentions Santa, Lena will run to the front window saying, "Where?  I don't see Santa.  Where's Santa?"  Or, she'll ask, "When's Santa going to come?"

Fred, the elf, made his appearance on Sunday night.  Since he'd arrived so late at night, he didn't move during the night.  Tuesday morning, I woke Mckenzie and Ruby up for school.  Ruby, who is normally as comotose as she can make herself, suddenly sat bolt upright yelling, "Fred!"  Both Mckenzie and Ruby hurried to get dressed, then came running out.  When they saw Fred was no longer in his previous spot, they both jumped for joy.  Then, the search began.  Once they found him, they ran around announcing to the whole house that Fred had moved.  Mckenzie clasped her hands in front of her, and in pure rapture said, "Fred listened to me!  I sat and talked to him yesterday and begged and begged him to move, and he did!"

Ladd and I began reminiscing on the way home from the Employee Christmas BYU party last Saturday.  We both agreed as to our favorite parts from the morning.  One of the children (we don't know who to blame) helped get Alyssa dressed.  Alyssa's in 2T and does just fine in even smaller clothes.  Someone dressed her in one of Ruby's shirts that came to her mid-thighs.  Her pants must've been found there, too since they kept falling down.  It was hilarious to watch Alyssa reach down, grab her pants mid-thigh, and haul them up as high as she could pull them.  She never flashed anyone thanks to the shirt she had on, but it was something to giggle over anyway.  The other favorite was when some of the kids went to play the game of musical chairs.  The lady in charge told the kids to grab their own chair and bring it to the circle.  There were chairs scattered all over the little cubicle the game was in that was separated on both sides from other such games with only a blue curtain that went almost to the ground.  The chair Lena* happened to choose to drag over to the circle happened to be mostly on the other side of the curtain and had a little boy sitting on it.  A couple of tugs later, and Lena dumped the little boy off the chair.  She was oblivious and the boy a bit surprised.  Lena continued to drag it over to the circle, and I suppose the little boy went to find somewhere else to sit. 
*Lena's only three. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment