My alarm goes off at 5:45 a.m. I have a few moments to say my morning prayers and get dressed before I head out to get Garrett's lunch ready. We squeeze in a morning devotional with Garrett and Cali before we rush out the door for Early Morning Seminary. Then, I come back and wake every else up except for Ladd and the two youngest girls at 6:30 a.m. We have them say their morning prayers, get dressed, and come out for devotional. We do devotional again, then get Cali's lunch ready and hustle her out the door by 7 a.m. I work on lunches while the children brush teeth and eat breakfast and read their scriptures. I hurry Jarom and Cecilia out the door by 7:25 a.m. then hope Mckenzie and Ruby will actually get everything done by the time they need to leave by 7:45 a.m. After that, I try to keep the youngest two girls quiet so James can get his reading for the day done. I sign his planner and he leaves by 8:30 a.m.
Now, all of that paragraph is hopeful theory. Sometimes, Cecilia has to go in as well when Garrett has to leave. Sometimes, Cali, Jarom, or Cecilia don't make their bus and I have to take them in. Sometimes, they make their bus, but call me soon afterwards with something they've forgotten to grab and need me to bring to them ASAP. And Mckenzie and Ruby? They rarely leave before 7:50 a.m. usually with me pleading with them to, "Please. Leave!" Yesterday, Ruby left with a ziplock baggie full of dry cold cereal because she hadn't gotten around to eating. Most days, the kids neglect reading their scriptures and brushing their teeth. And, sometimes it takes James a whole hour to read 30 minutes worth of reading. All of this leaves me shaking my head and biting my nails. It's no wonder I wish I could be done with all of my chores at that point!
Real life rarely matches our well-laid out plans, does it? :)But you're doing well!
ReplyDelete