Sunday, March 17, 2013

Crazy week!!!

Some weeks top the charts for being insane.  This last one is our current award winner!

  Ladd worked up at Deer Valley on Monday and Tuesday.  He interviewed people applying to Fidelity all day on Wednesday and ended with being interviewed himself for another manager position.  On Thursday, he left at 2 p.m. for another "interview" over lunch and then went onto work from there.  On Friday, he left around noon and came home around midnight.  Saturday, he worked up at Deer Valley, but managed to get off and back home by 1 p.m.  The kids took advantage of his extra time at home and convinced him to help them put up the trampoline.  This year, after several tries, they actually got it to look relatively flat.  (Last year's try made it look like waves on the sea!)

Garrett's week was a marathon week.  On Friday, I told him he'd had a marathon week and he said, "No.  Mom, I didn't run a marathon this week."  He was sooo tired he couldn't even understand me!  Garrett had early morning Seminary at 6:30 a.m., school, track, then practice for the play until 9 p.m. every day.  On Wednesday, he went a little late to his play/orchestra practice because he competed in a track meet that was thankfully at Westlake High School!!!!  On Thursday, after he got back at 9 p.m., he stayed up till 2 a.m. working on homework.  On Friday, he normally doesn't have to go in very early, but it was the last day of the term and so he had to go turn in all his late work before school.  He was excused from classes all day on Friday for play/orchestra practice.  After school, instead of going to track, he had a percussion practice for 2 hours on a song they will be competing with in which he will be playing 9 different instruments!  Evidently, he didn't go to track on Monday as well because he laid down on three chairs he'd pulled together in the middle of the band room for the purpose of sleeping.  He told Cali to wake him up when it was time, but she forgot to wake him.  So, he got a 3 hour nap!  (daylight savings hang-over!)  Friday night, I put my foot down and manually cleared our calendar.  I kept the kids up watching Skyfall instead of driving them around to whatever they normally would have been doing!!!!  Garrett stayed awake for the movie, but then fell asleep during scripture study.  I think we need to work on his priorities!!!  Saturday, Garrett and Cali both had to be at the high school at 6:45 a.m. so they could compete at the BYU Concert Band Festival.  They got home at 1 p.m. and seemed to really enjoy the rest of the day despite all the chores I threw at them!!!!

Cali had a relatively mild week.  She only had track after school.  On Thursday morning, I forgot to mention that both Garrett and Cali had a morningside for Seminary.  And, on Friday, Cali had to be at the school early for a concert band sectional that she was in charge of.  Oh.  I forgot.  She also had to register for 10th grade on Wednesday after school here before going to the track meet. 

Cecilia had an abnormal week.  She tried out for a dance on Monday morning.  She didn't make it, but she told me, "Mom.  I'm glad I didn't make it.  It was a weird dance."  On Tuesday, she began the process of trying out for next year's dance company.  Late Thursday night, she found that she hadn't made it for next year.  It was quite the blow to her.  I think she was expecting to be able to get back on since she made it last year.  After talking for awhile that night, I think we came to the conclusion that she'd make the rest of this year an awesome memory and then look for the opportunities to try something new.  Cecilia went and hung out with her friend Kaylee yesterday for a couple of hours.  Cecilia's the one who normally makes dinner lately, and since she was gone and Ladd and I were headed for the Saturday session of stake conference, I told Cali, "Unless Cecilia miraculously walks in the door in the next couple of minutes, you're going to be the one making enchiladas!"  A couple of minutes later, in walked Cecilia!  Cali yelled, "It's a miracle!!!!!"  I don't think Cali was ever so grateful to see Cecilia!!!!  I hope Cecilia felt loved and needed!!!!

Jarom stayed after school on Tuesday for his choir-share.  It's not everyday he has things like that popping up!  For Young Men's that night, he worked on the First Aid merit badge with the rest of his troop.  And, on Saturday morning, he went to the first session of the 2013 Spring BYU Powwow.  He's doing Oceanography, Forestry, and Citizenship in the World.

James had ballroom on Wednesday.  On Thursday, Cali and Jarom on down and I went to James' Blue 'N Gold Banquet.  It was called the "Invention Convention."  To start, we had to make an invention for our centerpiece for our table.  We had several "inventions" (or simply creations) since our children were not in a working together mood.  After our hot dog dinner, we listened to several advertisements and then sat through awards.  When it was over, I sent Cali out with the kids while I helped clean up a bit.  I had to search for several of the kids who hadn't heard my directive to go to the car.  When I got out to the car, James told me Alyssa had just thrown up.  Evidently, she'd tripped going out to the car and she was so upset over her skinned knee she'd cried until she threw up.  We headed over to pick Cecilia up, had scripture study in the car and family prayer as well, then I worked with Alyssa trying to get her bathed and bandaged and into bed.  By the time we were done bandaging her "owie," it took up most of her little leg.  It was a rough night for Alyssa.  For the first part of the night, I simply had her sleep where Ladd normally does.  When he got home, he put her in her own bed for me.

Mckenzie had activity days at Sister Marble's house on Tuesday afternoon.  On Friday, she evidently had a play she was in during school.  She was the fairy godmother as well as Narrator 5.  Her report to me after school basically recited all the mistakes the boys made and only the few things the girls had overlooked.

Ruby had play practice on Friday afternoon.

Lena and Alyssa, on Wednesday, were able to go to Cecilia's Food's class with her.  It was on their babysitting section.  Alyssa felt special to be included this time and Lena told me that she hadn't gotten to do bubbles.  Cecilia told me that Lena had been able to do bubbles, but only for a little bit.  :)  Afterwards, Lena and Alyssa got to hang out at the Spen's house while I went to my doctor's appointment.  Lena was extremely disappointed when I wouldn't let her do playdo after all of that.  I figured they'd had enough playing for one day and should be grateful!!!!

My big excitement this week revolved around this baby I'm about to have.  At the doctor's office on Wednesday, they almost didn't measure the amniotic fluid, but I asked them to make sure it wasn't going up from 25.  My tummy measured at 39!!!  No wonder I feel extremely big!!!  I don't ever think I've measured that big with any other pregnancy!  My amniotic fluid measured at 24.  And, the doctor told me I could be induced this week since I was at a 2 and 70% effaced.  I don't think I believed the doctor, but I'll not turn my nose up at an opportunity to get out of this pregnancy a week faster if he says I can!!!!!  On Thursday, I went to the hospital for my non-stress test and made sure I was scheduled for this Wednesday!!!  My adrenaline has been pumping overtime since then!!!  Lots to do!  I sure don't think we're ready for this baby to come, but it's almost at our doors!!!  I went to the temple yesterday and I guess I must really look pregnant since I had several sisters come up and ask me when I was due and verify that nothing would happen during the few short hours I was in the temple that morning!!!!  One helped me find a locker that was "closer."  Another one advised me not to participate in anything that caused me to stand for long periods of time so I didn't get dizzy and faint.  Another one reminded me that the elevator was a totally acceptable mode of transportation for someone in my situation!  I must admit, I had more contractions while I was at the temple than I had during the rest of my day. :)

This morning was stake conference.  We made it early enough to get seats in the soft seats in the chapel -- and relatively close to the front!  Mckenzie, James, Cali, and Jarom all wrote in their journals.  Ladd wrote in Ruby's journal for her.  The last couple of sentences revolved around a boy she knew from school.  She described him as annoying.  :)  I assigned Cecilia to write a description of Alyssa.  When she got stuck, I reminded Cecilia that Alyssa loved princesses.  Cecilia perked up and said, "Alyssa.  What is your favorite princess?"  Alyssa responded quickly, "pink!"  I think Alyssa's associated those two concepts in her mind!  This morning, before we went to Stake Conference, I discovered that Alyssa can count up to 13 without skipping any numbers!!!  I'm proud of her!  Especially since I know I haven't taught her that!

No comments:

Post a Comment