Four Sunday's ago, when I stayed home with Ruby, it was the start of a slew of illnesses. We found out the next day that Ruby had strep. Then, shortly afterwards, Garrett, Alyssa, and Lena all got sick with an upper respiratory infection that had them coughing, and battling a sore throat and congestion and all that goes with it. I've since come down with the same thing, and Cecilia has as well. Ruby's thinking she's getting sick, too, and Ladd is wondering if he's coming down with it. I eventually went to a new doctor about the crackle I'd been feeling at the end of each deep breath. I'd been experiencing it for quite some time, and it turned out that I needed an inhaler. Didn't see that coming!!! I stayed home with Lena and Alyssa on the 10th during church. Actually, we all went to Sacrament Meeting, and then Ladd took us home. Alyssa threw a huge tantrum about hating her house. It dawned on me that she never goes out of the house unless it's church or some odd thing I decide I have to take all the kids with me to. I've decided I need to repent. Alyssa deserves to go other places (as does Lena) just like the rest of us do!
The day we found out Ruby had strep was a test in my timing capabilities. It was a minimal day and Jarom was supposed to be "job shadowing" someone. Jarom chose to see what his grandpa Olsen did everyday, and was excited about that prospect; however, it was scheduled after school got out. It turned out to be a boon since I was able to take only Ruby to the doctor! I love it when a plan comes together!! Garrett and Cali had track and Cali had range for Drivers Ed. I had numerous errands to run along the way of our travels out to Mapleton and back. Luckily, they were all ones I could do with Ruby, Lena, and Alyssa hanging out in the car!!! We finished the day off with Family Home Evening.
Tuesday, February 5th, Jarom had his solo and ensemble night for band. That meant that I had to send Jarom to Young Men's dressed in Sunday best and hope he'd still looked nice when I picked him up early from Young Men's for his time at the Middle School that he was slotted to play his solos. Garrett and Cali having drivers ed. with Cali's range directly afterwards made it for an interesting night -- especially since Garrett was scheduled to "observe" range on Wednesday and ended up doing it this night!!!
Wednesday, Garrett's final science fair project was due. I particularly loved the part where I only had to spend time picking up a few items at the store for him. He did it all!!!! Cali had a few minutes of her drum major leadership meetings before she headed for drivers ed. and then onto range (Garrett had driver's ed, too). I had SEP's with Ruby's teacher, James' teacher, and Mckenzie's teacher, although I mixed Mckenzie and James' appointments up in my head and messed things up for James' teacher. :( I also met with James' reading teacher and came away feeling much more hopeful that all three of my elementary kids will get caught up at some point (Ruby's already there, Mckenzie's super close, and James has progressed further than I was aware!!!! Hip, Hip, Hurrah!!!!!). In the craziness of all that, James had ballroom and scouts!
On Thursday, Cali had a 6 a.m. dance practice that threw my carefully timed morning routine off track. It was an incredibly long day for Cali, since she had drivers ed. (along with Garrett), and her last day of range (She passed!!!!!). She also had a meeting for volunteering at the winter guard competition that she was late for and thus, it only took her a few minutes before she was done with the meeting (thankfully).
Friday, Cali had sectionals she was in charge of, Garrett and Cali had track, and Ruby had play practice. I think James had an impromptu invite to a movie night at one his friends from his Primary class.
Cali and Cecilia had to be up early on Saturday to volunteer at the Saratoga Springs Polar Plunge -- a fundraiser for people in need. I had a Stake R.S. meeting that was quite uplifting -- something I really needed! I had been "down" for a couple of weeks. Everything just seemed too hard. Ladd pointed out that not going to church would have an effect on my well-being! That night was a stake dance -- the first dance for Cecilia!!!!
Feb. 10th, we all went to Sacrament Meeting, but I took Lena and Alyssa home since they weren't feeling well (This was the tantrum day for Alyssa I already alluded to). After choir was over, Ladd and Ruby on up went to Kaleb's Court of Honor. Cali had a meeting she had to come back for, so Ladd was able to take the food I'd prepared back with him to add to their potluck gathering.
This week, (Feb. 11th - 17th) Garrett and Cali had drivers ed after school on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday as well as track on Monday and Friday. I think Garrett hurt himself at track either on Monday or the week previous, so it was just Cali doing track for the next two weeks. Cali and Cecilia took turns going in early for dance making it a bit of a challenge to get them to their dance practices and Garrett to his early morning seminary on time. Mckenzie had Activity Days, James had scouts and ballroom dance, the oldest four had Young Men and Young Women's Tuesday night, and Ruby had play practice. Tucked in all around these "normal" activities were SEP's for Garrett and Cali where I tried desperately to talk to all of their teachers, but just couldn't manage it in the time given me (although I did talk to Mrs. Hayes, Cali's dance teacher for a whole 1/2 an hour on what a great dancer Cali is -- I loved that 1/2 an hour immensely!!!). I did talk to Mr. Mangleson as well about Cali as drum major for next year and what that might be like (what to expect), and he volunteered that Garrett is doing awesome as well. Love hearing comments like these!!!! Garrett wasn't with us since I think he stayed home from school that day because of being soooo sick. Cali helped Sister Wilkins make pies on Monday afternoon. I had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday in Saratoga Springs. The nurse attempted to take my blood three different times and didn't get a drop from any of the attempts. Finally, Dr. Lamereax came in and did a butterfly in a vein on my wrist and managed to get out 3/4ths a tube. I've had major bruises from those four attempts! And all of that for wanting to know what my platelates are! It was Valentines Day on Thursday!!!! I woke up to flowers and chocolates from Ladd! I attempted to make brownies in the shape of hearts -- backfired rather extensively -- it's the thought that counts, right? Lot's of mess from all the wrappers, as usual. :) James had another movie night on Friday that was still a surprise to me. Saturday morning, the Miamaids kidnapped all the "new" miamaids for breakfast. Lena was quite the entertainer for the whole group of girls that trooped through our house to find Cecilia. (Cali was already gone :) Later on, Cali went and volunteered for the Winter Guard Competition. Ladd went to Chad's house around 8 p.m. to play games with them and Kraig and Brandon. I know he loves playing games with his brothers. It's becoming a weekly event, one that always tends to make me more aware of the lack of "breaks" I get. Currently, simply having a shower is my break. Ladd tries hard to fit in a quick date before he heads over, but he's definitely in a hurry to get there. Makes me wonder what he'd prefer! Ladd worked up at Deer Valley from Friday, Feb. 15th thru the 19th (Tuesday). So, on Sunday, even though we had kids who were sick, I took everyone to church for Sacrament Meeting. Alyssa and Cecilia ended staying at home for the rest of the time, and I tried very hard not to talk or breath deeply since it meant a coughing fit for me. I enjoyed going to church for the whole church block! Makes me sooooo grateful for church and the uplift it brings into my heart.
On Monday, the 18th, all the kids were out of school! I had them help me get the house in order. Cali had a marching band leadership party that she enjoyed. Cecilia stayed home from school on Tuesday because of how sick she felt. It allowed me to go to Garrett's registration assembly. We tried to register Garrett this week. It was a long process to get what he wants on his schedule. It took several weeks to get it finalized, but it's all done now! (March 3rd) This week had all the "normal" stuff in it. Cecilia made it into Tylar's piece for dance company!!!! We all rejoiced with her because we had prayed for her as a family during her tryout. A little bit of prayer power for the Olsen's!!!! Cecilia said they only took 16 people and she counted as they read out the names. When they'd called out 15 people, she thought the last one couldn't possibly be her, but it was!!!! Garrett and Cali finished up the drivers ed class! Cali only lacked the driving on the road for her experience to be finished. I did all of my visiting teaching in one fell swoop on Thursday morning, and rushed home to talk to my mom and dad for a few minutes while they were here. Later that same day, we had SEP's for Jarom and Cecilia. Friday was a bit hectic because Cali started her first "road" for drivers ed after her sectional and during her normal track time, Ruby had play practice, Jarom packed and left on a campout, Garrett had a double date with his cousin, Kaleb, Cecilia had a birthday party, and James had another unexpected movie night (I wonder why I can't seem to anticipate this!!!! I suppose because he's 10?!!!). I tried to do some of my shopping that night as well. Saturday morning Cali and Cecilia got up at 4 a.m. to go do baptisms for the dead. Garrett and Cecilia had their names on the same recommend and Garrett had almost been able to go on Tuesday night, but it was cancelled because of lack of leaders. I guess the leaders were all needed in a board of review where Jarom was approved for his STAR RANK!!!!! So, when Cecilia got to the temple, they found her recommend was expired. She sat most of the time in the foyer, but then, one of the temple presidency talked to her and she had time enough to be bumped up in front of everyone to simply do some baptisms. Cali rushed back to make it in time for her 2nd bout of road for drivers ed. Mom and Dad Hinton came by, but most of the kids were sleeping. Jarom had made it back from his winter campout at 8:30 a.m. and had already had his shower and decided he needed more sleep. Ladd was up at Deer Valley again, but got released early. Thankfully, he made it back okay since it was snowing up a storm! He said it took him 2 hours to make it back. We were going to go up to West Valley City to wish the Belka's a happy 60th birthday, but we went to Olive Garden instead. Jarom and Cecilia had a birthday party at the Bennions for Hunter, Leah, and Laura's 14th birthday. Ladd hurried us out of the Olive Garden and over to Chad and Corin's where I sat while they played their game. I made it back in time to take Jarom and Cecilia home. On Feb. 24th, we sang "Come Thou Fount of Every Blessing" in church. It was an incredibly high arrangement, and it stressed us all out, but it turned out very nice!!! Today the bishopbric suggested we just do that arrangment for Ward Conference and I had to assure them we had another song we were working on for ward conference!!! I think everyone would've rebelled had I told them we would sing it again!!!! Cali had several presidency meetings after church and Garrett and Ladd had their missionary prep class as well as one home teaching appointment. After all that, we went out to Mapleton. I spent the night talking to all of my siblings at different times trying to come up with a possible date for our Hinton Reunion this year. It's incredibly difficult and hard for me to remember that I'm supposed to be doing it for this year!!!
This last week, Cecilia got into another dance piece for Dance Company!!!! I actually did some cleaning during the day which put my back out for a couple of days. Cali put in long hours over a couple of days in the final push to get ready for her Alliance Dance Company concert on Thursday night. Garrett went back to track since winter conditioning is over and it's full fledged track now. He's had some interesting experiences with his long distance running and his knee is hurting him now. On the first day back, Garrett's lungs completely closed off while he was doing sprints. I need to call the doctor and figure out what's going on with his exercise induced asthma. He's been running fairly well for having those two complaints, but he doesn't feel like he's at his tip top shape to be doing incredibly awesome! On one run, he thought he was only running a 400, and it turned into a mile before he was done. He shaved two minutes off his time with that run!!!! Cali had early mornings on Tuesday and Thursday to finish up her road experience for Drivers Ed. She passed!!!!! Ladd took (Ladd's brother, Lane's wife) Mindy and her kids up skiing on Tuesday which left me without a babysitter for my doctor's appointment. Thankfully, Sister Hasson stepped in and graciously offered for them to come play at her house until the older kids came home. At my doctor's appointment, they tested me for Strep B, said I was dilated to a 1 (Either the doctor's dilusional or extremely positive!), and said I had plenty of amniotic fluid still. The doctor said this baby's a big baby already (hmmm. Can we just have it now?!!!! :) And, I went over to the hospital for a non-stress test. The baby showed them her somersaults and boxing capabilities -- all's well there. :) That was all on Tuesday. On Thursday, I had an IEP for James and came back feeling better about what they're doing for him. I was going over my calendar and updating it shortly before the kids came home, and somehow got it into my brain that Cecilia's BYU day of dance form was due that day (which I hadn't signed yet), so I rushed over to the middle school just before they got out and ended up taking Jarom, Cecilia and two of her friends home with me as well as Cecilia reminding me it wasn't due until the next day. It put a dampner on the whole cleaning thing since the kids just had to watch "Dr. Who" and "Psych" before we headed off for Cali's concert. Something I keep forgetting as well is that Garrett's been practicing with the pit orchestra for the high school's play "Once Upon a Mattress". Garrett's practices have normally fallen on Wednesday for the last couple of weeks, but his landed on the 28th (Thursday) this week. Cali did a marvelous job during her concert!! On Thursday and Friday, Ladd had interviews for a new manager position. March 1st (Friday), I had to rush Cecilia back to the school after school because we'd overlooked one of the signatures (after all my efforts the day before!!!!). Then, we all buckled down and cleaned in anticipation of having the movie night at our house (better now than after the baby!!!). They watched Tron and really weren't hooked as a whole. Some played chess. Some play rough housed with each other, and others played on a phone someone brought. I made brownies and homemade cookies and they had a huge discussion on whether our movie night was the best ever. :) I'm really not sure what they decided, but I got the feeling they liked the brownies and cookies!!!! Jarom went to do baptisms for the dead with his cousins. Garrett and Cecilia weren't able to go because of their expired recommends and Cali realized that it wasn't a prudent day personally to do baptisms for the dead. Yesterday (Saturday), Ladd worked up at Fidelity on a rare required Saturday. Garrett and Cali had a track team building activity that lasted for 4 hours. James actually got a sunburn playing with a huge group of boys over at the Brownings. He was gone for a couple of hours!!! I also cut Ladd and the boy's hair, took Mckenzie, Ruby, Cali, and Garrett to birthday parties spread throughout the day, did four batches of laundry, and went shopping at Walmart four different times. I was in the car most of the day it seemed, and I'd only come home for a few seconds to assess what needed to happen next and make sure it was assigned before leaving again. Cecilia made it all happen! She's awesome!!!! When Ladd came home, he planted some seeds which I'd bought awhile ago but the two youngest girls had dumped out into one cup. It will be interesting seeing what and if they grow!!! Ladd and I had a half an hour date at Subway. We witnessed a rather incredible car accident while we were there. Ladd hurried off to play games with his brother's at Chad's house (it was his birthday and his request for how to spend his night!). I bathed Lena and Alyssa in one of my longer stints at home and had the kids do some straightening right before bedtime (they go to bed faster if I'm asking them to clean -- they just disappear sometime along the way :). When I finally got home from picking Garrett up at 11 p.m., I tackled the laundry, trash, and dishes. I was grateful when I finally collapsed onto my bed!!!!
Today, we all squeezed onto the front bench at church. That meant several of us had kids on our laps and it only worked because it was Jarom's day to sit on the stand with the Bishopbric. It was the day to pay for the first $10 of trek for each child. I was sooooo proud of Cecilia who paid all $30 in one fell swoop. Now we just need to figure out how Garrett, Cali, and Jarom can pay us back or earn the next $20!!!! Garrett and Cecilia were able to get their temple recommends renewed (halelujah!!!!!). It's been a very quiet Fast Sunday. Everyone has had a nap except for Jarom and I. Jarom has written quite a bit in his journal!!!! YEAH!!!!! I'm getting closer to being caught up on this blog as a result!!!! It's 6:15 p.m. and our house is unusually quiet. Normally I have several kids that are holding their tummy and wailing how hungry they are at this point in time. I guess I need to get the dinner completely ready since everyone could awake suddenly and I'd have a noisy riot on my hand I'm not prepared to handle immediately!!! I must say, it's incredibly unusual to have the whole family home and the house this quiet!!!!
I'm really not sure when to have this baby. When people would ask when the baby was due, I'd say, "Oh, it's all the way next year." Well, it's actually the right month, and as I look at my calendar, I can't find a convenient time to have this baby!!!! And, I can't seem to make up my mind as to when it should come! I suppose this will be exciting to find out when it does make it's entrance into our family! I'm starting to think about things I should be doing to prepare for this little one. I really don't know how to fit these projects into my day to day activities, but I suppose I need to figure it out!!!! This baby is almost here!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment