Sunday, March 10, 2013

What a week!

We had our normally busy week with a few interesting moments thrown in.  Garrett and Cali had track everyday.   On Tuesday, I had my doctor's appointment and found I had even more amniotic fluid than the week before.  Evidently, having too much amniotic fluid can be a bad thing, too.  I guess we'll see what happens this week. . . .  I did find out that my platelates are up to 145!!!  Now if they'd just stay there until I can have my baby!!!!  Garrett and Cali were able to stay home because the Juniors were taking the ACT.  Weird.  I wasn't complaining, though!  I took Garrett into the doctor to figure out why he was having trouble with his asthma during track the week before.  We're assuming right now that his inhaler wasn't really working.  Our heater stopped working that day, so we had the heater guy come over.  He timed his visit so Garrett and Cali had to find a ride to track.  He finished just as Ladd arrived to take me with him to his special manager's dinner.  We left wondering how Cali would come home from track or Garrett would get home from his orchestra pit practice, or how Cecilia and Jarom would get to YM/YW, or how James would babysit all the girls for that length of time.  The dinner was nice and as it finished, I noticed I had several voicemails on my phone from home.  I listened to them and heard Mckenzie and then James pleading with us to come home right now because they were soooo scared.  It turns out that they were never so excited to see Jarom walk thru the door!!!  They'd turned off all the lights and were hoping they wouldn't be bombed by the aircraft they could hear flying overhead!  Turns out someone was actually doing some re-seeding on the mountain behind our house!

On Wednesday, I went to Shawnalee Emerson's baby shower.  Ruby was really bummed out that I wasn't having one so she could go.

On Thursday, James had his Maturation program at his school.  Ladd was able to go although after participating in a phone meeting, Ladd climbed in bed sick.  Garrett and Cali had solo and ensemble and I played for Cali's solo.  Garrett didn't require an accompianist.  They both did just fine.   I went from there to the store and then to the tryout dance parent meeting for Cali where we heard how they're changing the program quite drastically for next year.  Then, I went to the R.S. birthday dinner.  Then I ran home and got the kids going to bed and then I took Jarom for his Deacon only basketball tournament.  Our ward came up with 10 Deacons and they stood anticipating their opposing team and in walked a group of supersized deacons which their bishop came along to verify.  One young man was extremely developed and looked like he was about to get his mission papers in the mail.  Our team were quite disappointed, but they put up a good fight.  The final score was something like 54 to 36.  The referee didn't call any fouls on our team. . . . :)

Friday was Cali and Cecilia's YW winter campout, so we rushed to get them packed and off.  Both Mckenzie and James had movie nights nearby.  Ladd got home as they were just getting home.

Saturday was fairly frustrating for me.  Garrett had to be at the school all day starting at 8:30 a.m. for his orchestra pit practice.  Ladd went to go skiing with his friends Kyle and Brent up at Deer Valley.  I had started the night before trying to sort through all of our clothes bins.  I desperately tried to finish this project.  It was an all day activity.  The kids all told me they weren't willing to help me clean, so we'll be starting this week with a fairly dirty house.  I managed to scrape together enough help to get the house decent, though.  Cali and Cecilia came back with  great reports of snowball fights, sledding, and snowshoeing.  I spent the night tying to make dinner, clean the house, doing baths, and getting family scriptures done so I could finally go shopping late at night.  Ladd came back from skiing and reminded me that we'd had a date on Tuesday and that he hadn't planned on going out that night and that he'd already eaten dinner with his friends.  He rested for a little bit once he got home and then he left around 7:30 p.m. for his Saturday night game night with his brothers.  It was a long day for me.  Thank goodness for the Lord's tender mercies.  At 11:20 p.m., I realized I hadn't read my scriptures yet, so I pulled them out and found my scriptures opening to 2 Corinthians 5:17:  "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory."  All my frustrations melted away with my tears.  Heavenly Father is sooo aware of me and my life.  I turned the clocks ahead one hour and went to bed.  Today in Relief Society, one phrase someone said stuck with me.  "Heavenly Father didn't send us here to fail."  Hopefully, I'll make it!  Hopefully, I'll come thru with flying colors! 

This morning, Alyssa was coughing up a storm (she had been the day before, too).  When it came time for Alyssa to go to Nursery, I was planning on taking her home, but she hadn't coughed hardly at all.  SO, I told the nursery leaders that if she started to cough to come get me, and I guess she lasted clear to the end of nursery!  I was so grateful for my leap of faith so I could attend all of church!!!

This next week is intimidating to me.  Cali has to register for 10th grade this week.  Cecilia is trying out for dance company for this coming year.  Garrett has track after school and then goes straight to his orchestra pit practice till 9 p.m. at night!!!!  We also have Blue 'N Gold for James.  And, Jarom has BYU POWOW this Saturday and Garrett and Cali have BYU Concert Band Festival this Saturday as well.  Ladd is working on Monday and Tuesday up at Deer Valley and the rest at Fidelity.  He's being interviewed this week for a new manager position, too.  It should be interesting!!!!  Here's hoping. . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment