Sunday, September 9, 2012

A conversation with Lena

The other day, Lena began pestering me to let her go to the neighbors to play.  I've been letting her do that quite a bit lately.  I told her she needed to eat lunch before she went.  I asked her what she wanted to eat.  She yelled, "Sandwich!"  I asked her what kind of sandwhich.  She said slyly, "The kind CC makes me."  So, I asked her what was on the sandwich.  Her first response was, "Ice cream." I told her she couldn't have ice cream on her sandwich.  Then she went to the refrigerator and started perusing the contents.  She picked up a bottle of marchino cherry juice.  I told her that wasn't something I would put on her sandwich.  Finally, she said she'd be fine with jam and butter on her sandwich.  I went to make her sandwich, and she saw a can of Sprite Ladd had brought home from work.  She said she had to have it.  I told her she wouldn't be able to have it.  Then she said, "But I is soooo drinky!"

Later, I asked Cecilia what sandwich Lena would be referring to in our converstion we'd had earlier.  She grinned and said, "Jam and carmel ice cream topping.  But I used all the carmel, so I can't make her that sandwich anymore."  Eeeeewwww!

No comments:

Post a Comment