Sunday, September 9, 2012

Our life that is school . . . .

Well.  We've made it through three weeks of school so far.  After the first three days of school, I started doubting that I would be able to make it through the school year.  It's going to be a wild ride, for sure.  Here's what we've done so far: 

14 days of school (I'm counting Jarom's foray to school on August 20th)
155 sanwiches that I've made
98 lunches I've put together
9 doctor or dentist appointments (Jarom finally got his cast off!)
2 1/2 scheduled haircuts (we had six before school started) (The 1/2 is me cutting my own hair)
3 family home evenings
1 Early Morning Seminary Meeting for Garrett and I
7 days of early morning seminary for Garrett
1 surprise piano lesson (I taught Tara the first of several piano lessons -- exchanged for haircuts)
36 (approx.) disclosure documents for me to read and sign (I'm talking book form)
2 Meet the Teacher Nights (Elementary and High School)
1 educational fireside (for Garrett, Cali, Cecilia, and Jarom)
1 Seminary Opening Social (for Garrett and Cali)
7 Marching Band Practices after school until 4:30 p.m.
7 Nights of Scouts or YM/YW (includes 1 Pack Meeting for James and 1 Court of Honor)
1 Baptism (Mckenzie's)
1 Fast Sunday
1 round of school pictures -- for the high school
7? bits of Ladd working in our basement (I think it's more. . . .)
2 visits from the Hinton's
6 sets of sectionals for Garrett and Cali
3 choir practices
2 choir performances
3 football games
6 (or more) books I've read
1 holiday
1 Olsen reunion
1 Stake Dance
2 movies we've rented and watched
1 cancelled VDC dance social for Cecilia
1 Doughnut date up at the Elementary for Mckenzie
1 birthday party (chalk another one up for Ruby's record!)
7 Talks we've given
1 Neighborhood "Carnival"
1 Dance practice for Cecilia (the first one for her Shakespeare Trip to Cedar City -- the first of many)
1 volunteering for the mud party clean-up crew (Garrett and Cali helped clean-up after the flood)
1 round of mowing the lawn (we're a bit remiss there. . . .)
20 days of looking at a dirty house
16 (aprox.) batches of laundry in this last week alone
2 babysitting loan (Cali went babysitting for a family in the ward)
1 date with Ladd (maybe another one -- I can't remember and I don't have it on my crazy calendar!)
1 first round of dance classes for Mckenzie and Ruby
Numerous trips to the schools to pay for something or take something to someone
The first series of colds, coughs, and throwing up (Lena was the lucky one!)
Numerous times playing with friends
Numerous trips to the store and various other errands

I'm not going to try to figure out the number of diapers we've changed.  That's overkill.  Don't you think?

3 comments:

  1. I forgot to add:

    1 dance day for Mckenzie and Ruby (their first for this year)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While I was writing this earlier, Ladd asked Mckenzie, "What's your mother up to?" Mckenzie said, "Oh, she's doing a lot of math."

      Delete
  2. That is crazy Sharla!! But so fun!! You are the mom!!

    ReplyDelete