Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Trust Me

This past week was enough to get me down a bit.  I've been despising my hair for awhile, I hate that I'm going into this pregnancy already on the obesity scale, and being in essence a single mom is not fun or easy.  By doctor's orders, I couldn't exercise just in case it could lead to a miscarriage.  Even if I could, that would mean either my limbs would fall asleep, or my feet would cause me severe pain.  My wardrobe isn't flattering or delightful to wear at all.  I feel like I'm chasing fashion into the next century despite the lack of choice I have in the matter.  I get tired of my house and everything in it being run into the ground or in the process of needing to be fixed. I also realized this week just how ironic it is to me to be a communication major and yet have my children ignore me readily.  My children have been the example of contention and annoyance.  I've also been struggling with the motivation to clean my house when I feel like I do enough during the morning and afternoon/evening hours.  So, my house has been setting new levels of low.  Being exhausted constantly hasn't helped in the least.  Enduring stiff necks, headaches, and normal pregnancy discomforts don't help.  I feel overwhelmed with my calendar that won't quit, and the constant demands I feel pressed upon me.  The thought that I might have other children left waiting to join our family when I already feel hard put to get everything done seems a bit on the impossible side.  With all of this roaming around in my head, I found myself quite emotional one night this past week.  In the normal course of the evening, we had scripture study, and as I was reading out loud to the kids, the words "Trust Me" popped up out of the print on the page.  I'm pretty sure it was out of context even if those words were actually on that page.  But it hit me like a ton of bricks.  Heavenly Father and Jesus are simply asking me to trust them.  It will all be okay.  I just need to keep going and trust in them.  Boy, how I've needed that mantra running through my head in the last couple of days.  When our car broke down this week, I couldn't help wonder what Heavenly Father had in store for us.  It seems like we've been pounded and pummeled lately.  It occurred to me that it could simply be in preparation for adding a new little one to our family next year.  Elder Oaks spoke in our Stake Conference broadcast today and reminded us that we needed to make sure we're living the gospel, and then whatever the Lord has in store for us will come with us prepared for it.  "Trust Me" and live the gospel seem simple in comparison to the challenges we face, but they are sufficient to get us through to the end.

1 comment: