Life is great! Life is good! Life is crazy! An account of our Olsen riots and achievements. Our ups and downs. Our "us".
Sunday, September 9, 2012
Impeccable Logic
The older children, in particular, have been watching an extra helping of "Psych" lately. Much to my frustration, it comes at the expense of homework, scouting goals, reading, piano, and chores. Friday, I was in the car with Garrett, and I started checking on where he was at with his homework. He had missed turning in a French assignment, and he quickly jumped on his latest beef with how I'm doing things. He told me that the whole reason he didn't turn it in was because I made the kids do tons of chores and then it was bedtime. I thought back to the day in question (it's not everyday I have them do chores) and seemed to remember lots of "Psych" before the so called tons of chores. So, I told him not to blame the chores, but the "Psych." Garrett, at this point, said there hadn't been any watching of "Psych." Then, he made this statement: "If I don't remember it, it didn't happen!" Our flow of conversation faltered at this point because I was too busy laughing. I gave a quick stab at helping him see the faultiness in his logic. I said, "So if I don't remember the details of your birth, you weren't born, right?" He said quickly, "I knew I was adopted!" I gave up and reassured him he wasn't adopted and I do have a pretty good memory of the event. Later, I took the time to type it into my iphone. I told Garrett that I really needed to remember that comment of his. He asked if I was going to share it on my blog. I said, "Yes!" He said, "Okay. As long as you don't print names." I said, "I sure am going to use your name!" I think he thought of his rash comment a bit more on the sheepish side after that! I told Cali what he said, and she smiled. I went to find Cecilia. She's the one I can usually count on to see the humor in every statement. She didn't laugh. I asked her if it was funny. She said "No." I asked her why, and she said, "Because sometimes it's true." Wow. Ladd got it. Thankfully! At least he got a kick out of it with me. I tell you. Trying to reason with a teenage brain gets tiring sometimes!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment