Friday, September 7, 2012

"Us"

By way of introduction, we are the Olsen family.  Ladd is the head of the family.  He's a manager for a financial company and a ski instructor.  I'm the mother of our crew.  I spend most of my time running around or after my children to wherever they intend on going.  Our crew consists of 9 children ranging from almost 16 to 2 years old.  Garrett and Cali are in High School.  Cecilia and Jarom are in Middle school, and James, Mckenzie, and Ruby are in Elementary.  Lena and Alyssa stay home with me each day, much to their dismay.  Garrett is in marching band as the 5th base.  He loves his art classes as well.  Cali is in marching band in the clarinet section and enjoys playing in the symphonic band as does Garrett.  Cali and Cecilia dance in their respective dance companies at their schools.  Jarom is just starting up in percussion this year -- following in Garrett's footsteps.  James is looking forward to another year in his ballroom dance company at his school.  Mckenzie and Ruby also go to dance in the neighborhood.  The boys are all in scouts, and Mckenzie on up all have church groups they attend weekly or bi-monthly.  When we remember, we practice the piano (I'm attempting to teach my children myself.  As an experiment, it's failing quite handily.)  Needless to say, our calendar gets a bit complicated!  Dinner time is rife with noise as is most family gatherings.  (Thus, our riots.)  But, I must say, life is good.  Life is great!  (And just a bit crazy at times. . . .)

2 comments:

  1. Awesome! This is a great start to your blog. I look forward to you regaling me with your stories and ideas.

    ReplyDelete