Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Random moments

A little while ago, Lena hurt her mouth.  In explanation to me, she said, "I have a big tooth!"

I've been missing one of my black shoes for a whole week.  I was pretty baffled.  It had disapeared into thin air.  James found it stuck under one of the ends of the couches that raises up as a foot rest.  Evidently we don't use that one very often!

Ruby and Mckenzie were having a fight this last week.  I was trying to help them get it resolved and Ruby said, "I'm not going to forgive Mckenzie until after I finish eating."  I had to explain that Heavenly Father asks us to forgive immediately, not after we've finished eating or whenever it's convenient for us.

Before church, we couldn't find any brushes so we could get the girls' hair done.  Finally, Mckenzie produced two brushes.  When we asked her where she found them, she said, "In my backpack."

After we got back from choir, we found all the little kids crowded around Cecilia.  Come to find out, they were all waiting for their "special" sandwich which consisted of peanut butter, jam, marchino cherry juice, green snow cone syrup, and sprinkles.  Almost all of them actually ate their sandwich all gone!

Lena had her hands in her pockets of her pants, and she said, "Look, mom!"  I have pockets!  Now I can go to the football game!"  I didn't recognize her rational until I watched Ladd get ready to go to a BYU football game.  He put on a new pair of shorts that have become his favorites overnight, and it became abundantly clear why as he went through his mental list of everything he needed to take with him while he patted various pockets reasurring himself that those items were now resting safely in one pocket or another.

I made it through half of my day only to discover that I had put on my shirt inside out.  Yes, it stayed that way for the rest of the day.  Didn't have time to switch it.  Oh well!

No comments:

Post a Comment