Sunday, September 30, 2012

Lena telling time

I've discovered that Lena has a thing for time lately.  When I ask her what time it is, she'll recite the numbers she thinks is on the clock.  If the clock says 8:53, she'll say, "a 3 and a 5 and an 8."  I've learned it's faster to look myself.  ;)

Lena wanted to go to the Temple Dedication.  Mckenzie dutifully tried explaining to Lena that you had to be eight years old to go to the dedication.  Lena came back with, "Is daddy eight?!"

Lena asked me the other day how old I was.  "Are you 10?"  At least she thinks me young!

Lena was working on chewing a piece of gum, and got tired of it.  She pulled it out of her mouth and told Cecilia that she was going to throw the gum down in the car.  Cecilia told her she had to throw it in the trash.  So, Lena got out of the car and threatened to throw it on a patch of mud she reffered to as cow poop.  Cecilia said it wasn't cow poop and that she'd better not throw it down on the cement or she'd come and spank her.  Lena said, "Well, when I'm big and you're little, I'll spank you!"

Later that night, after I'd gotten after her for something, Lena said, "When I'm old and you're little, I'm going to spank you!"  (There goes the whole being young thing!)

No comments:

Post a Comment